Springtime in Seattle isn’t as much fun as springtime in Florence, but it is beautiful and green. This week I am featuring all things green.
The scarves are from Ricardo’s shop in Florence. I have received 50 of them, and am overwhelmed as to which ones I will keep! Lots of other colors available too. These are the 50x 50 cm. scarves perfect for a face covering, a neckerchief, tied on a handbag, a ponytail or a small dog! $30 including shipping. $22 for a second, third, fourth, etc. shipped to same address.
And speaking of bags, take a look at a selection of green handbags from Fabio.
And of course there is the jewelry with green. My Easter earrings with little pink sapphires. Designed especially for me!
The Nudo ring and earrings with green prasiolite stone.
Chia and I are getting awfully bored with staying at home. All the closets and cupboards are cleaned and organized. The garden is weeded, watered and planted with some annuals. Windowsills are filled with vegetable starts. Exercises performed and a long walk around the neighborhood. Now what to do?
Fabio to the rescue! For those of you not familiar with Fabio, let me explain. Fabio is an elderly man who used to work for the big name handbag designers in Italy. He has been retired for many years, but does make a few handbags with the leftover materials from his son’s factory.
Each bag Fabio makes is one of a kind, although sometimes he makes the same style bag in different colors. I have several of his bags and love them!
I just received photographs of 20 bags made by Fabio! Having such fun looking at each bag. He even gave me a description of the leathers used. He must be getting bored at home also…..Here are a couple of the bags:
If you would like more information, please email me and I will try to get a really good deal for you on the bags. As some of you remember, if I call Fabio at just the right time (after his 2nd glass of wine) and tell him I have a client who fell in love with one of his bags, he often lowers the price!
I will be getting 50 small scarves ( 50cm x 50cm) from Ricardo this week. I can sell them to you, and ship from Seattle. They are available on their website also, but instead of 39 euro (20 euro plus 19 euro shipping), I can sell them for $30, shipping included. I selected my favorite 5 patterns and will have 2 of each to sell. They are the perfect size to use as a face covering, on a handbag, or ponytail. Several are promised already, and of course I will want one of each!
Wishing you all a healthy and safe spring! Yours in shopping, Maren
I have been receiving requests for various items from Florence to be shipped to the US, Canada and Australia. Although the shops are closed and everyone is still under stay at home orders, we can have some items shipped. The store owners and very worried about the future as Florence counts on tourism to survive. I am doing my part to support the economy by ordering 50 small scarves to use as face coverings. Silk is one of the preferred materials to use in this way. Our darling Ricardo is helping me with this. He is doing fine at home, but eager to be back at work.
Ceramics can be shipped also. Anastazija does a great job of packing, and guarantees against breakage. I love my little oval tray for appetizers or cookies.
Of course jewelry can be shipped easily! I have lots of photographs of earrings, rings, bracelets and necklaces that I can share.
Handbags are easy to ship also. One of my favorites is the handbag that doubles as a backpack. This comes in lots of colors too!
Although Chia and I are stuck in Seattle under the stay at home rules, I hope to return to Florence soon! I hope that all of you are staying safe and healthy.
Firstly, thank you to all my shopping friends who have emailed to see how Chia and I are doing. We postponed our return to Italy in the nick of time. We spent a week in NYC and instead of returning to Seattle, went to stay with a friend in Virginia at a remote location.
My friends in Florence are forced to stay at home, needing a special certificate to go out at all. It is a nightmare situation with no end in sight. I am heartbroken watching the news from Italy.
Please join me in keeping our Italian friends in our thoughts and prayers. Hoping that all of you are safe and well.
Chia and I are spending the winter in rainy Seattle, and missing the pasta, pizza and Prosecco in Florence, not to mention the shopping…..
As I pondered what to write in the blog, it came to me that I have found some wonderful things to buy here in the States too! I have made a list of the new items I am loving.
1. Kopari coconut toothpaste and tinted lip gloss. This isn’t sweet and has a great scent. The lip gloss passed the test with both of my daughters, too. It comes in clear, but we like the tinted one. Wish they could come up with a different packaging, however. I am really trying to eliminate plastic! Available on Amazon or from the Kopari website. koparibeauty.com
2. Silk dental floss in a little glass container from Lucky Teeth. It is refillable, and available on Amazon or the lucky-teeth.com website. No plastic!
3. Blueland household cleaners. They come with acrylic spray bottles (wish they were glass) accompanied by a muslin bag of cleaners in little paper packets. Just add water and let the cleaning begin! I have glass cleaner, general purpose cleaner and bathroom cleaner. The bottles are color coded too, so they won’t be mixed up.
4. Zella high waist leggings. These are a godsend for post holiday tummy bulge, because they actually hold you in and are nice and thick. I bought mine at Nordstrom.com in black and navy blue.
5. JiBen LED Lighted 7X Magnifying Makeup Mirror. This is actually a love/hate relationship. I love how well I can see with it, but I’m not thrilled with how I look! It has a wonderful locking suction cup that actually stays put. My daughter gave me this for Christmas and I like it so much that I bought another to take to Florence with me.
Bookings for spring are coming in all the time now. Most are repeat clients or referrals, which I love! People are reserving time for shopping tours, the mercato food and wine tour, and both together. Looks as if it will be a busy and fun spring in Florence!